Tuesday 1 July 2014

CTMH Australasian Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - July 2014 - Circus Alphabet



Hello and welcome aboard our Australasian Stamp of the month Close to My Heart Blog Hop. If you have arrived here from Anne's Blog, Mummy you made this?, then you are in the right place. If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post.

Today I would like to share with you these cards which feature the July Stamp of the Month - Circus Alphabet, available exclusively throughout July for $24 or for just $5 when you spend $75.



 I love Alphabet stamp sets, they are so versatile, allowing you to make your own greetings and titles, and to highlight your journaling. This one has a very whimsical feel, and the design also means you can colour them in if you wish. There are 68 stamps in the set, and he tallest image in the set is approximately ⅝" in height.

Do you find with alpha stickers you always have the same few letters left over? With my two girls, all the A, S and L stickers are gone - assuming there is enough in the packet to start with! With a stamp set, you can use each letter as often as you like, and pick whatever ink pad you have on hand to use - colour coordinated with your cardstock!

I needed to create some Thank You cards to have on hand, and this stamp set was perfect to create my own greeting. I used the upper case letters for the Thanks, and the lower case for the á bunch'.





I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the greeting pieces out of scraps of My Reflections scrapbook papers, and the backing from plain coordinating cardstock.  I stamped the greeting pieces and the base card in either Black ink, or a colour to match the backing piece - Gypsy, Cotton Candy, Ruby or Outdoor Denim. I then embossed these backing pieces with our embossing folders in Dots or Stripes, and used the sanding block to expose the white core and give them some more texture.


I adhered the backing piece directly to the Colonial white card, and then used foam tape to raise the Thanks piece onto the top. Very quickly I had 8 thank you cards ready to go, with a variety of colour schemes.



I love making cards in bulk as it saves time, but I also get bored with one design very easily, so this way I have a little variety in my stash!



Circus Alphabet is only available until 31 July 2014 from your CTMH consultant.

I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop,  Lauren Moore's Blog, CTMH Craftings.

Yours in Craft,
Monika

2 comments:

  1. What cute and effective cards! It is always handy to have a stash on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely set of cards to have handy. Love them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I love to hear what you think of the art work, and what you would like to see next. If you like what you see, please subscribe :-)